Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What Happens Right Before a Heart Attack?

In a recent post, I mentioned the following encounters I had with people:

1. A woman came into an otherwise empty deli, sat immediately next to me and had a conspicuously loud conversation on her phone that included the comment, "And I'm always nervous."

2. A woman passed me on the sidewalk one night while having--you guessed it--a conversation on her cell phone and said very loudly precisely as she passed me, "And my blood pressure goes up."

3.  One afternoon at Cup-A-Joe, a couple children entered, gave me a purposeful glance, and sat at the table next to mine before the female child, sitting immediately to my right, gave a loud, theatrical, detailed description of an oncoming heart attack.

I've been seeing this ad quite a bit lately:



These screen-shots, by the way, remind of a conversation I had with a buddy about Ohio State's upset of Miami for the 2002 National Championship in football.  We were talking about how incredible Ohio State's defense was that year.  He mentioned that at some point in the second quarter, I believe, Miami started gaining some yards on a certain running play up the middle.  Finally, Mike Doss stepped up and destroyed it at the line of scrimmage.  The mighty Canes didn't run the play again.






Joseph C. Zoccali, Clearwater, Florida; Rick Wilson, Niles, Ohio; Christine Faranda, Cleveland, Ohio; Len Spector; Marc Greece, A&E Networks; Reverend David Plank, Palatine Bridge, NY; Carrie (Plank) Bruno, Queens, NY; Cynthia Green, Tech Recruiter; Sioux Logan, Red Stream Technologies; Mike Tricario, MTV; Sean Newman, Columbus, Ohio; Jim Reed, Columbus, Ohio; Zynga; Sasha goldenson, Marty Eggert, Cleveland, Ohio; Kathy Haxton, Cleveland, Ohio, St. Joe’s Medical  Center, Warren, Ohio; Coleman Professional Services, Warren, Ohio; Laura McCormick






No comments:

Post a Comment