Cynthia Green invited me to her office at Volt Technical Services in Manhattan once. She lead me to a room that was just a few steps from the main entrance and said it was her office. We didn't pass any other offices on the way. Instead of a desk, she had a glass-top dining table she "used" as a desk. The 2 chairs for guests facing it were very ornate, like Victorian style or something, but tall, as was her chair. The room also had very nice mood lighting and she had some folders and papers and maybe a few other office supplies spread around the table very neatly. There was no file cabinet or other office furniture. I knew it was odd and asked kind of sarcastically, "This is your office?" She played it off like it was no big deal but I knew damn well it was not her office.
So, the upshot is, maybe she didn't really work for Volt or maybe she was working for them on a freelance basis, which is what I suspect, and for whatever reason, they played along with her and let her rearrange that reception/conference room to put on a little show for me. Either way, it was not really her office.
________________
One more little story about Cynthia I love to tell. She and I had a good laugh at this. Then again, she's an actress, and knowing what I know now, it's possible she did it intentionally, but it seemed like a very authentic slip of the tongue:
We had a date planned at the last minute once that was her idea. I think it was the La Fondu date. Grunge was still in and I had a flannel tied around my waist so the sleeves where hanging down in front. I picker her up a few flowers while we were together and was playfully holding them behind my back acting like it was a surprise. She knew, of course, and played along and said, "Hey, Johnnnn, whatchya got behind your sleeve?"
Joseph
C. Zoccali, Clearwater, Florida; Rick Wilson,
Niles, Ohio; Christine
Faranda, Cleveland, Ohio; Len Spector; Marc Greece, A&E
Networks; Reverend David Plank, Palatine Bridge, NY; Carrie (Plank) Bruno,
Queens, NY; Cynthia Green,
Tech Recruiter; Sioux
Logan, Red Stream Technologies; Mike Tricario, MTV; Sean Newman, Columbus, Ohio; Jim
Reed, Columbus, Ohio; Zynga; Sasha
goldenson, Marty Eggert, Cleveland, Ohio; Kathy Haxton, Cleveland, Ohio, St. Joe’s Medical Center, Warren, Ohio; Coleman Professional Services,
Warren, Ohio; Laura
McCormick
An
Pham, anpham1111@gmail.com; Anna Stepnova, stepnova@aol.com; Barbara Anne Wolf, wolf.barbara.anne@gmail.com, (415) 812-4926; Brian Montague, jetbpm@aol.com; Charles
Crites, critesfam@sbcglobal.net; EHSOH, lovycera@gmail.com; Elizabeth
Nicolosi, elizabethnicolosi@hotmail.com; Kristy
Guertin, guertk@spu.edu; Meagan Franz, meaganfranz@hotmail.com; Miyako
Abe, mtea2006@yahoo.com; Nora Salah, nsalah01@yahoo.com; Teresa Keller, teresa@rtwwithus.org; Natasha
Warder
Kathleen Kashay; Erica
Agyeman; Darcy
Estes; Alison Victor; Tracy
Dietz; Kaitlin
McGaw; Kayla Marriot
.
No comments:
Post a Comment