Once I became aware of this game and broke the induced habit of looking intently at every single person I passed on the street--which normal people will find offensive, thus helping to perpetuate the isolation (Yep--I see it all.)--especially all those women doing the model's runway walk, awareness of the other little tactics fell into place. Being conscious of it all defeats it. I guess it continues because I have not yet made this clear. I see exactly what's going on and as long as it continues I will defy each and every attempt simply on principle. Most importantly, I see the emotional manipulation, the mesh-work that ties it all together, also rendered ineffective once you're aware of it. So...for the record...I am not effected by any of this intentional covert manipulative input including, just to name a few recent examples:
The appearance of beautiful, non-brown-eyed black woman. I see it. It is no longer effective and hasn't been for quite some time.
People acting like idiots while listening to music on a computer at the library. I know I don't look like that.
People walking toward me with a clownish gate, smoking a cigarette with stupidly exaggerated gestures. I know I don't look like that. I'll continue to smoke at the frequency I please regardless of these silly things.
I swear, it's like pounding a nail into a piece of steel. Pay attention: I see all. I was mothered once quite properly (other than the NBA delusion) and that was more than enough. I will always, always defy these patronizing, insulting attempts at covert manipulation. I will continue to share my story in explicit detail with people in the news industry, including my E.R. room experience.
Joseph
C. Zoccali, Clearwater, Florida; Rick Wilson,
Niles, Ohio; Christine
Faranda, Cleveland, Ohio; Len Spector; Marc Greece, A&E
Networks; Reverend David Plank, Palatine Bridge, NY; Carrie (Plank) Bruno,
Queens, NY; Cynthia Green,
Tech Recruiter; Sioux
Logan, Red Stream Technologies; Mike Tricario, MTV; Sean Newman, Columbus, Ohio; Jim
Reed, Columbus, Ohio; Zynga; Marty Eggert, Cleveland, Ohio; Kathy Haxton,
Cleveland, Ohio, St. Joe’s Medical Center, Warren, Ohio; Coleman Professional Services,
Warren, Ohio; Laura
McCormick
An
Pham, anpham1111@gmail.com; Anna Stepnova, stepnova@aol.com; Barbara Anne Wolf, wolf.barbara.anne@gmail.com, (415) 812-4926; Brian Montague, jetbpm@aol.com; Charles
Crites, critesfam@sbcglobal.net; EHSOH, lovycera@gmail.com; Elizabeth
Nicolosi, elizabethnicolosi@hotmail.com; Kristy
Guertin, guertk@spu.edu; Meagan Franz, meaganfranz@hotmail.com; Miyako
Abe, mtea2006@yahoo.com; Nora Salah, nsalah01@yahoo.com; Teresa Keller, teresa@rtwwithus.org; Natasha
Warder;
.
No comments:
Post a Comment