There's no trick to it. It's just a simple trick!
--Brad GoodmanAs I mentioned earlier, it appears that posting the story here is having a positive effect to some extent, despite the egregious unconstitutionality of what you are doing. This is a copy of an e-mail I just sent to some "friends":
It's become obvious that these Brave-New-World behavior adjusters (who are going to learn to mind their own business) have made me the subject of little false scenarios meant to test me and see how I react. They use actors and through a kind of innate sense, I can tell, in what I suspect to be nearly every instance, that these situations are, in fact, charades. At some point, it became evident that they were setting me up with encounters with blind people including one very early upon my arrival in SF at Peet's at Vaness and Bush where the manager there named Wayne and a woman named Kayla Marriott both harass me. At some point along the way, someone made a direct comment about being mean to blind people.
In 1994, I worked as a bartender at the BW3 bar and restaurant on south campus at OSU. The chain is now called Buffalo Wild Wings and the exact location where I worked no longer exists. The manager there was a guy named Matt and, like many of the people I now know are involved in the situation, was always an ass to me and I didn't know why. As I look back, it's clear that of the "good ol' boys" involved, he was by far the most "good ol' boy" of them all. Ditto for the head manager, a guy named Paul. They were country-boy buds.
One night a guy came in to the bar who was blind. He was with a woman. I didn't see him come in and I had finished dealing with another customer when I looked over and he was already standing at the bar. He wore no glasses and pressed himself very tightly against the bar, which I thought nothing of at the time. Like any other customer, I focused on his face. He already had a bill on the bar underneath his fingers. When I approached him, he leaned forward . His left eye was clearly distorted, but, as I recall, the other wasn't nearly as bad. It was striking and impossible to not notice as his face was unusually close to mine. It was slightly disconcerting (the reason blind people tend to wear shades), making it nearly impossible to notice anything else. I had no idea whatsoever at this point that he was blind. I believe the bill was a 5 and he asked for 2 beers. Whatever it was, the bill he had ready was insufficient to cover the cost of what he asked for. It may have been a 1, I'm not sure. The point is, I had no idea he was blind and I thought it was some kind of short-change scam so I kind of sarcastically said, "Come on man, that's a five (or a one, whichever) you're giving me." He then said very loudly, "What, can't ya see I'm blind?" and may have added, "I have my cane right here!" I looked down and saw pressed into his stomach as he hugged the bar, the cane's handle and maybe and inch of the shaft visible above the edge of the bar. I was positively mortified. (I have a witness, motherfuckerrrrrs.) But there's a more important point...
Matt was standing right behind me and when I turned and looked at him, he actually made a sarcastic, exaggerated feigned look of surprise before mockingly waddling over to the CIA secret persecution file book to "write me up." This happened right as I my shift was ending and my replacement, Ron, was behind the bar and saw most or all of the incident. When Matt headed for the book, Ron followed him and pleaded for me, saying, "Oh, come on, Matt--it was a mistake. He didn't know." Matt waved him off and smiled the whole way through. I don't know whether Ron knew at the time that it was a scam, but he knew the truth about my end of it and my reaction. I snuck out the back-door completely distraught and have felt terrible about it ever since.
If he didn't have a system for identifying his bills, as most blind people do, why didn't his friend help him? Presenting money at a retail establishment was a new experience to this guy who was at least 35 at the time? I doubt it. He distracted me with his uncovered eyes by pushing his face forward while at the same time using very, very non-blind body language and actually concealing his cane. Nevertheless, as I look back, it is Matt's reaction that's key, here.
There was also an employee there named CJ or DJ or JD or JC. I'm pretty sure it was CJ, but I'm not positive. He was originally from West Virginia and he didn't like me either. The blind gentleman looked a lot like CJ. I noticed this and had a sense something was wrong with all of it, including Matt's reaction, but I had positively no idea what was going on at the time and didn't see the setup, plus, I was just really, really upset about it.
End of e-mail
Now, then, would be an excellent opportunity to point out that everything you've been doing for that past few years, or who knows how long, is quite unconstitutional and that my situation is an absolutely perfect example of part of the reason the 5th amendment exists and why we have courts where you have to prove stuff beyond the word of one guy in one instance. (There's another thing called "preponderance of evidence" I intend to cover here as well.) You're justifying what you've done because you "heard" I had been "mean to a blind person" going on the word of one man, who it turns out was part of a scam to fool you into harassing me. As of yet, I have not officially been able to plead my case. Pay attention, especially all you upstanding, super egalitarian, peaceful, social, highly educated and intellectual San Franciscans taking part in my persecution: you are going on the word of the racist manager of a midwest hole-in-the-wall wing joint that is actually the product of a scam perpetrated by him that is in turn part of a much larger scam conducted by a network of racists. HOLD THAT THOUGHT! It's absolutely amazing how good an example this is of why the title of this post is included in the 5th amendment.
Here, I will add that some folks have implied that none of this is anything new and that it goes on all the time, implying that I shouldn't complain or try to resolve things. 2 points: If someone's around with a similar story to mine (you haven't heard the best of it yet), I'd absolutely love to get together and compare notes; and if you've been the subject of such treatment and just laid down and accepted it without fighting it every way you know how, that's your fault--not mine. In fact, I did try to "just forget it and move on" by volunteering at a non-profit in the hopes of networking and starting over, but I wasn't treated so well, there. I've been left with no choice but to pursue a legal solution, as unlikely as it may seem, and to continue telling me story. If this is the "American way" and something that is accepted and I'm just being quite naive, then cut me a check for my 20 years of trouble and I'll be most happy to be on my fucking way.
I also find it worthy of note that in a story of blacklisting stemming from an interracial relationship, here we are talking about blindness. Gnaw on that one and get back to me.
There have been many death threats. As long as I'm breathing, I will continue to pursue justice. My behavior is none of your business. I see how you send "thugs" from different "mobs" in response to my "private" e-mails. It is my goal to get back in with the tall, smart good-lookin guys mob and I promise you that when I do, you will want no part of me. And just for kicks, I should cover this now: I positively do not care what any women or any one thinks of the fact that I lead a promiscuous lifestyle between the ages of 18 and 25, when most normal guys do it, and I never will. (You'll understand more after the next post.)
(I know, I know--the scam involving the blind person is a pill that's very difficult to swallow. Tell ya what: in my next post I'll provide you with a nice, fat case of Fuller's 1845 to wash it down.)
Joseph
C. Zoccali, Clearwater, Florida; Rick Wilson,
Niles, Ohio; Christine
Faranda, Cleveland, Ohio; Len Spector; Marc Greece, A&E
Networks; Reverend David Plank, Palatine Bridge, NY; Carrie (Plank) Bruno,
Queens, NY; Cynthia Green,
Tech Recruiter; Sioux
Logan, Red Stream Technologies; Mike Tricario, MTV; Sean Newman, Columbus, Ohio; Jim
Reed, Columbus, Ohio; Zynga; Marty Eggert, Cleveland, Ohio; Kathy Haxton,
Cleveland, Ohio, St. Joe’s Medical Center, Warren, Ohio; Coleman Professional Services,
Warren, Ohio; Laura
McCormick
An
Pham, anpham1111@gmail.com; Anna Stepnova, stepnova@aol.com; Barbara Anne Wolf, wolf.barbara.anne@gmail.com, (415) 812-4926; Brian Montague, jetbpm@aol.com; Charles
Crites, critesfam@sbcglobal.net; EHSOH, lovycera@gmail.com; Elizabeth
Nicolosi, elizabethnicolosi@hotmail.com; Kristy
Guertin, guertk@spu.edu; Meagan Franz, meaganfranz@hotmail.com; Miyako
Abe, mtea2006@yahoo.com; Nora Salah, nsalah01@yahoo.com; Teresa Keller, teresa@rtwwithus.org; Natasha
Warder;
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment