Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hey...What's it going to take...

to get it through to you guys that I am not cut out for this stuff?  Anybody who knows me at all will tell you that.  That single successful punch was all I needed for a certain amount of satisfaction and clarity.  Whoever picked me for this is just plain wrong in his thinking.  I know, I'm tall, etc., etc.  I suspected that guy from the second I saw him, though and I could tell he wasn't really drunk.  If he really wanted something to happen, he shouldn't have started giving me tips about form.  I wasn't positive about him until that point, though it should have been obvious despite the ambiguity.  You know--I never have an outside frame of reference.  I'm a writer.  Just give me a non-fighting writing job.  The Streets Blog job sounds like a great job.  Paying blog jobs are rare.

Seriously...I never showed interest in this stuff.  I know, Iknow--like Rick said, "You don't pick them, they pick you," but still--I would think you'd want someone who's heart's in it, no?  I thought Kudary was going to cry when he found out.  "Why him?"  You should have seen his face; ask Wayne.  Paul's a big burly dude.  He's tall.  He's pretty smart.  He might not have "a mind like a steel trap" (like I do--apparently), but he's smart.  He could reach over the crowd and crush somebody's head with one hand and most importantly he's not chicken-shit--like me!  All things considered, I think he'd make a fine replacement.  I worked with him and I highly recommend him.  Good guy.  Maybe a little racist and maybe he made a comment about using a black girl for his "first," but otherwise, super guy, for sure.  Yeah--the name's Paul Kudary.  Paul...Kudary.  On top of everything else that was going on, I had to work in an 8x10 cube with that doofus all...day.  (I'm a good writer, aren't I?  Yes, yes, I know.)

"I like your style, but lift your arms up a little bit."  That's funny.

Send me a check for my trouble and leave me alone.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment